? ??????????????Dark Tree? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (23 Ratings)??1712 Grabs Today. 25796 Total Grabs. ????
??Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Future Stars Will Be Dim? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (8 Ratings)??1624 Grabs Today. 9851 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Who am I

Who I am
Get your Twitter to look nice with aCustom Twitter Backgrounds

LIfe's Too Short

Friday, February 12, 2010

OR Department of Urology and Nephrology Center

Assalamualaikum and hi everyone!

As you all know, I've involved in the clinical attachment. So im going to talk about my experienced. On 6th February and 7th February 2010, I went to Pediatric OR and OR (Operation Room). It was so tiring! Eventhough I didn't do the operation and just watched the doctors and his team did their work. It was tiring to stand and watch. So I definitely doesn't want to become a surgeon in future. Anyhow, about the topic today, I got to see so many apparatus and so many machine used in an operation. Oh, and not to forget, the drugs used on the fainted patient.
Pediatric OR
On 6th February, I went to Pediatric OR. I was so sad to see kids, at young age, they have tumor. Young age, TUMOR! I mean like when I was young, I played, enjoyed and whatever kids do but they're not. But instead, they have to battle with their own tumor and the only way to save them is by operation. And Im sorry because I didn't have any picture for Pediatric OR. The doctor doesn't give the permission to take pictures.

I've watched 2 live surgeries. 1st, it's called right radical nephrectomy and the 2nd one is called recurrent coronal hypospadias.

1. Nephrectomy means removal of kidney. The patient was 10 years old boy. The doctor said it is total nephratic tumor and it is most common of pediatric disease. Doctor had to remove the right kidney with its fascia, ureter, and some affected lymph nodes. It took about 3-4 hours for this operation.

2. Recurrent coronal hypospadias is a repaired operation at penis. This due to penile ureter facing downward instead of facing forward. Actually it seems normal because the patient still can urinate but it can make the patient infertile. When sexual intercourse, somehow, the sperm will move downward instead moving formward towards the cervix.
OR
There were 4 operation held on 7th February 2010. But i could only watch 1 operation because the 3 operation is held at the same time. The boys in my group went to see the right radical nephrectomy and right pyelolithotomy. Pyelolithotomy, they remove stone in the kidney. The diameter was 1 cm in renal pelvis. The colour is black and white. The patient kidney is not in normal position, it is mild rotated and the doctor left it like that. the right radical nephrectomy, u guys knew that already right? Like I've mentioned before, it's removal of kidney. The girls, Kak Najib and I, went to watch the radical cystectomy & diversion. This operation is for removal of urinary bladder because of tumor. the patient was 55 years old man and HCV (Hepatitis C Virus) positive. But I didn't watch the operation till the end because it was so long and i was tired from day before. Here some pictures from the OR. Enjoy. :)

This is the whiteboard which state the name of the operation.

This is the apparatus used in the operation.

As you all can see, there are a few drugs used on the patient.

This is the machine that monitor the heart beat and volume of oxygen in the patient's body.


The operation begins! I was very pity at the doctor because he was sweating. Maybe the room was so hot.
I can't recall what this is. Maybe the fat or the affected lymph nodes.

This is the patient's blood on ......cloth, i guess. :P


This apparatus used to suck the excessive blood.

The blood is stored in this bottle or jar-look-a-like after being sucked.

That's all folks. Tata for now! XD

0 Respond(s):